Saturday, July 23, 2011

A brief update

Friends,
I have been the last month at my brother Jason's house. The last week Dan, who is waiting for a Kenyan work permit, has also been here. His visitor visa was about to run out and he had to leave the country and re-enter to get another visitor visa. This was the first time we three boys had been together since Jason got married which, it turns out, was ten years ago this week. Thursday we went to a resort in Jinja where Dan and I got to do some baby sitting while Jason and Linda painted the town. We came home Saturday afternoon.

Lord willing I head south towards Zambia Monday. I had hoped to visit some high school classmates in Rwanda but they will be out of town this week. Some of the other people I hope to visit I only have contact with via facebook but are not really the facebooking types so I have not heard back from. Mom and Dad will be headed to South Africa for Mom's cataract removal surgery so I have a bit of time till I need to be there. I hope to take the ferry down lake Tanganyika. I inquired about the ferry across lake Victoria but was informed it would not be repaired till "next month" which if you read Lonely Planet has been the case for at least the last year. The ferry comes only every other week on Wednesday which is not listed on the web so I think it will be the week after this. Yea, calculations based on one entry from Lonely Planet. It should be an adventure. Hopefully I should be able to find an internet cafe and have time to put up a few blogs.

Thanks to all of  you who check in on me so often with so little to see. 
Leon 

No comments: