Saturday, June 4, 2011

Sahara

This is a post mostly to mess with putting maps into a blog, truth be told.


Usually I have a hard time sleeping on planes. On this trip for some reason I was able to get in a few small naps. I had just awoken from one when I happened to look out the window. What appeared at first to be clouds turned out to be the Sahara desert. I commented on it, then the people in the next row were also suddenly interested and taking pictures. Before you know it, there was a small group of us at the back of the plane taking pictures out the back door window where the view was better. We flew over landscape that looked like this for an alarmingly long time when you consider we were moving at 520 miles an hour.

Nile above Aswan dam

View sahara in a larger map







You get what you get with my blog. I was interested in this so this is what you get.

No comments: